Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ringfinger

I bought a couple of cheap wooden boxes last month so that I'd have something creative to do. Here's what I did. I made a jewelry box, inspired by the thick paint strokes of Van Gogh and the colors of "Starry Night". I like how it came out. The ring box was harder, I don't really think I executed it well, but considering I wasn't sure what I was going to do it came out okay. The photo in the lid helps a lot. I painted it in our wedding colors, red and purple. I had problems with the X's and O's because my stencils weren't small enough so I was freehanding it. I got tired of futzing with it and gave up and decided to use it. I can't keep jewelry boxes to save my life, so here's to hoping that having made mine I'll keep them longer.








No comments:

Post a Comment