Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Things are getting better, they're getting better all the time...

So, It's week 2 of meds, and so far so good. They make me a little sleepy, but the anxiety genuinely seems less. I feel less anxious. This is good. I also find that I'm ruminating less, I haven't had any real problems getting to sleep, which for me is nice. I've had problems getting to sleep for as long as I can remember. It's nice to just sleep. Also, I haven't had any full blown panic attacks since I started the medication, a couple of anxious moments, sure, but I haven't been nearly as fixated as I was. The only problems I've had is that occasionally I've been a bit spacey, and my nose feels like I've post nasal drip. That's it. So, so far so good. I go in on Tuesday for my blood test results and my annual physical, both of which I'm dreading. But, working on the panic attacks has given me the impetus to start working on other parts of myself, I've taken up daily flossing (I know, I know, I should have been doing it since day 1) and I've stopped biting my nails and I'm trying to eat more oatmeal. The next thing I'm going to try and work in will be the standing desk. I'm finding it hard, but hopefully it'll be a step towards weight loss, which I could use. I think I need to lose about 60 lbs, but more importantly I need to get my energy levels up. I'd like to start walking, but the area we live in isn't safe, so that will have to wait til we get somewhere safer. Hopefully once we move we'll be closer to the local YMCA, which Walter wants to join. It has a swimming pool, which I would personally love to use, plus plenty of classes. We wanted to join this month because they've waived their joining fees, but alas, our monetary situation isn't such that we could do it. We'll just have to save and try another month, once we're closer. For now, we'll use the standing desk and the weights borrowed from Angel. I do like the fact that Walter is supportive, it helps to have my own cheering squad. He's been wonderful throughout all of this, really supportive even throughout the panic attacks. I know this couldn't have been easy for him, but I'm really glad and lucky to have him, he's so good to me. Not only did I luck out that he's my best friend and has been forever, but he's genuinely a great person. Okay, I'll stop gushing now, I am grateful though, without the support of my friends I couldn't have gotten through these attacks. It helps to have support. 


No comments:

Post a Comment