Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Results and recuperation

I went to the doctor yesterday, got my blood tests results back and everything was a-okay. Blood sugar and cholesterol were a smidge high, but nothing losing a little weight won't help. Had my annual, which always is a lousy experience, though the doctor was really nice and courteous. She also listened and answered all of my questions, which I really appreciate, plus she got me to laugh a couple of times, which never happens for me in a doctor's office. The doctor's been really supportive and kind, which has been a great help. She didn't up my dose of fluoxitine, it is at the same dosage, since it seems to be helping and we don't want to increase it and give me side effects. So, all in all things were good. This helps ease my mind, no diabetes and no thyroid issues and nothing that would cause wacky white blood cell counts. I'm a little nervous about my annual, but that's normal.

On a happier note, I've been getting out of the house more. I think the meds are helping with that. I've also just finished watching all of Star Trek: The Next Generation. It made me happy, I always think of my mom, and Rachel and Jenn when I watch Star Trek. Three of my favorite women were all trekkies.
Speaking of geekdom, Walter and I are thinking about going to Emerald City Comic-Con this year. We went last year and it was nuts, and I think if we go this year we'll bring the camera.
Things here are okay. We'd still like to move soon, but we're still making things work for now here. Change will happen when it can. I'm trying to be hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment