Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Monday...

So today is the day of my Dr. appointment. I'm nervous and trying to get as much work done beforehand so I can come home and just relax afterwards. I'm dreading the appointment, I just don't know where to start.
I've been assured the doctor is really nice and listens well, which is good, I have a lot to address. I'm also a little worried I might be put on medication. That always worries me, I sleepwalk and talk when I'm heavily medicated. Hopefully this will be the start of multi-phase attack of the panic attacks and PTSD. Start at the doctor, get back started on therapy, work on working out and getting out the stress that might just be poisoning my system. The doctor appointment today will help rule out any underlying medical conditions that are affecting me.
Another part of this multi-pronged attack on stress is for me to find a hobby or creative stress release. I'd say personal editing, but sadly that only stresses me out. I'd like to say painting, but a part of me rejects that. I like to paint, but I'm not very good at it and I haven't put in the hours. I like to be crafty around the house, but that's usually takes money and frankly I'm not in a place that's inspiring toward house-craftiness. So, my last bet here is photography. My friend Michael lent Walter and I a camera about a year ago, and I just bought a battery charger, so I suspect I'm going to try and make it a goal to get out more and take more photos. I've put in hours on photography, not as many as I'd like, but still, some hours. I used to know how to develop slides and color film and how to print it out, and if I ever won the lottery I'd make my house complete with a studio and dark room. I love taking photos and I don't know why I don't do it. I think I get discouraged when I see other people out there so clearly talented. I don't know how to boost my own ego when it comes to such things. Photography thankfully, has a lot of wiggle room. Yes, you can be talented and have an "eye" for it, and you can also get better through work and just taking oodles of photos. So, that's another part of my tactic towards alleviating some stress.
So, do you have a hobby? Does it help relieve your stress? What helps you eliminate stress in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment