Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mixed Tape Catalogue Symphony of Sirens



Part 3 of the birthday Cds from Craig.


I secretly (not so secretly now...) love the Nouvelle Vague version of "Bela Lugosi's Dead". I don't know why, I just do. Speaking of Bauhaus & covers...I've had Bauhaus' cover of Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust" in my head for days...
"Love etc" is impossible to get out of your head and is a Pop classic, it just proves that Pet Shop Boys are still gods in the Pop Universe and will remain so because they make amazing tunes like this.
I love Annie Lennox and have since my teen years, she was always this amazing androgynous amazon to me, and I finally got to see her and Dave Stewart reunited as the Eurythmics.
Peter Murphy's "Cuts you up" always reminds me of my days dating Michelle and frequenting The Vogue in Seattle. The song is a goth mainstay to say the least, and I thought it really was the best song off of this album.
Oh, I also adore "Walking with a ghost", it'll get in my head for days, check it out.


Symphony of Sirens ~ Just Jack
Bela Lugosi's Dead ~ Nouvelle Vague
Walking with a ghost~~ The White Strips
Lille~~ Lisa Hannigan
Tore My Heart ~~Oona
Afternoons In Utopia ~~Alphaville
Love Etc ~~The Pet shop boys
Nice Day ~~Persephone's Bees
I feel Love (johnny remember me) ~~Jimmy Sommerville
Ghosts in my machine~~ Annie Lennox
Slow Release~~ Andy Bell
Fix You Up~~ Tegan and Sara
Walking the cow ~~A Camp
love me like you~~~Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
cabaret fortune teller~~ Audra
Neighborhood # 2 (laika)~~ Arcade Fire
Woman like a man~~ Damien Rice
Cuts you up~~ Peter Murphy
Tremble (my girl doesn't)~~ Wolfgang Press

No comments:

Post a Comment