Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mixed Tape Catalogue: Tape from Rachel circa 1990...Barbies are better and I'm the star







A tape from Rachel, you check out her blog here.
She made this for me circa 1990

A little history for those of you who don't know me. I've known Rachel since I was about 3 years old. She's been my best friend for a very long time. Back in our Freshman year of high school she made me this mix and I made her a mix also, we put songs that
we liked on it. The title of the tape refers to our childhood activities of Barbies and tree climbing, and to our mutual participation in our preschool Christmas play.

Rach always claims she was the star because she played Santa, but I claimed I was because I was Rudolph.

So, this is what Rachel put for me (turns out, it was a great make out tape)
Is this love? - Whitesnake
The Glory of Love - Peter Cetera
I'll be there - The Escape Club
Lost in love - Air Supply
Somebody - Depeche Mode
The sound of silence - Simon and Garfunkel
Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers
Time in a bottle - Jim Croce
Annie's Song - John Denver
From a distance - Bette Midler
Even the Nights are better - Air Supply
She's like the wind - Patrick Swayze
Lady in Red - Chris De Burgh
Shoulder to cry on - Tommy Page
Last Supper - Howard Jones
To be with you in heaven - Scorpions
Right Here, Right Now - Jesus Jones
Love of a lifetime - Firehouse
magic - Olivia Newton John
Forever Young - Alphaville
Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx
Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Bing Crosby ( I take it back, it was a good make out tape until it hits this song, which really is a WTH? moment)
Everything I do ( I do it for you) - Bryan Adams
Cat's in the Cradle - Harry Chapin

No comments:

Post a Comment