Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Weird Music Wednesday: What's He Building? by Tom Waits

I heard this from a friend, Angel, who introduced me to Wait's music years ago. This song, is a strange one. Much of Waits' music is odd and whiskey soaked and filled with accordions and late nights, but this one struck a chord with me. It reminded me of a house I grew up near.
When I was young I used to spend my summers back east, in a small town called Greenland NH. I stayed in my Great-Uncle Albert's huge 100 year old house. It was right across the street from Town Hall and a cemetery. I loved that cemetery, but I was a weird kid. I met a dear friend one day outside the cemetery when I was little. Next to the cemetery was a house. That house creeped me out all the time. It was a worn down house, with a few chickens. I never saw anyone leave or enter that house in all the years I visited. I know I had an active imagination, I still do, but that house creeped me out. I swear I never had any idea how those chickens were fed, I never saw a single person go in or out.
When I heard this song, that house was the one I thought of. Instantly. I hadn't thought of that creepy house in ages, until I heard the song.
Crazy huh?
Here you go:

No comments:

Post a Comment