Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Weird Music Wednedsay: Eric the Half a Bee by Monty Python

I love me some Python. I own one album of theirs and several movies. I can quote with the best of them. This song, stumps me. I have no idea what it's really about, other than a bisected bee. It's just really really wrong.
Here's the song.

Here are the lyrics, just to prove how weird and wrong this song really is:
A one, two
A one, two, three, four
Half a bee, philosophically
Must, ipso facto, half not be
But half the bee has got to be
A vis-a-vis its entity, d'you see?
But can a bee be said to be
Or not to be an entire bee
When half the bee is not a bee
Due to some ancient injury?
Singing
A laa dee dee, a one two three
Eric, the half a bee
A, B, C, D, E, F, G
Eric, the half a bee
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
A fiddle de dum, a fiddle de dee
Eric, the half a bee
Hoh hoh hoh, tee hee hee
Eric, the half a bee
I love this hive, employee
Bisected accidentally
One summer afternoon, by me
I love him carnally
He loves him carnally
Semi-carnally
The end
Cyril Connelly?
No, semi-carnally
Oh, Cyril Connelly

I used this for years as the ringtone for my friend Jenn, largely because we both just about died the first time we heard this song. I think, we were sitting in her car listening...The song slayed us. It still slays me. 
I have no idea how you can love a bee semi-carnally. It's just weird and wrong. So, there you go peeps. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment