Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How I'm eating

A great deal in my life lately has been happening. I'm inbetween places right now, my Seattle home and my desert home. Many changes are happening. I've decided to tack on another personal change. I'm trying to change how I eat. I've always been a fast eater. I've also, for far too long, eaten while reading, writing, or watching the television. My friend Andy a while back mentioned that he was eating quietly in a room by himself to change the way he related to food. I thought about it a while and realized I wanted to try that. I've been a speed eater for most of my life. I'm trying now to concentrate on the taste of my food and to take at least 15-20 minutes to eat a meal, if not longer. I'm not reading, watching television or writing. I'm sitting and thinking about the taste and texture and smell of the food. I chew and spend time putting my fork down between bites. So far, so good. I'm trying to get more comfortable. I'll let you know how this goes. I'm hoping in the end this will be a good exercise for me of "living in the moment". It is also a good sensory experience for me. I'm trying to smell, taste, and touch the world a little more. This is a good start so far. I'm also hoping in the long run this will be good for my tummy and digestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment