Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 03: A song that makes you happy

Songs that make me happy fall generally into 2 categories:
1) happy pop songs I love to sing
2) goofy music

In the categories of happy pop songs I would list New Order's Guilt is a Useless Emotion,

Violent Femmes' Add it up
and in the second category of goofy music:
Spike Jones, seriously, you should watch this:
and I love Weird Al and Dr. Demento:


These things make me happy.
The Spike Jones and Dr. D are all reminders of my youth and summers in New Hampshire and Vermont with my Aunts Beverly and Ella and Uncle Albert. I've blogged about it before here.

The New Order is just a great song that makes me happy. I love the Violent Femmes song, it reminds me of my friend Molly, and my first year in college, all that youth and vigor and partying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment