Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mixed Tape Catalogue: A mix from Michael T.


This was a great mix given to me on CD by Michael T. You can find his own personal blog here. He's got fun taste and I always find his music to be unusual and fun. The Rancid frankly surprised me, but hey sometimes you never can tell who is squirreling away a secret love of punk. I have found a number of bands through Michael and I'm grateful. I enjoy our occasional media exchanges and I think we'll soon be due another. I'm hoping soon to see his new place with his girlie and the infamous red couch that they got for the new place.

Eliza Gilkyson - Dark Side of Town
The Postal Service - Such Great Heights
Rancid - Who would have thought?
Flogging Molly - Dublin the rare old times
Flogging Molly - The likes of you again
Flogging Molly - If I ever leave this world alive
Blur - Magic America
Eel* - Flyswatter
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Road Trippin
Elliott Smith - A Fond Farewell to a friend
Scissor Sisters - Mary
Scissor Sisters - Tits on the Radio
Garbage - boys wanna fight
Garbage - Bleed like me
Frou Frou - Let Go
Nini Legs - Hindi Sad Diamonds (from Moulin Rouge)
Hedwig - The Origin of Love (from Hedwig and the Angry Inch)
Hedwig - The Long Grift - (from Hedwig and the Angry Inch)



* I should note here that I just discovered that Michael T and my cousin are both fans of Eels. Last night, while working on this blogging project I was listening to a tape from my cousin, Mike and it contained the Eels song "Hello Cruel World". It's nice sometimes to see the little connections in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment