Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mixed Tape Catalogue: Offer Me Alternatives 3.1 & 3.2 From Michael Sanford on occasion of Christmas of 1993.


My cousin Michael, whom I am pretty close to, made this as a set of tapes (3 in all) as my gift for Christmas that year.


I was thrilled to say the least. Mike was always a primary musical influence in my life and this was a fun treat.This was also a unique gift because in the past I'd be given a tape and it would be organized by a theme or genre. This set of tapes was actually arranged alphabetically by band name so it was unusual to say the least.Loved it though, and it's still a great set of music by great bands. I'm still looking for the other 2 tapes, hoping I can find them and they haven't been lost to the years and moves...

Ned's Atomic Dustbin - Not Sleeping Around ( loved this band, even had the shirt)

Psychedelic Furs - Book of Days (writing this out reminded me I should pick up this cd...)

Rage Against The Machine - Freedom

Red House Painters - Mistress

REM - It's the end of the world

REM - Fall on me

REM - Bang and Blame

Sisters of Mercy - Marian

Sisters of Mercy - Torch (another album I should seriously own...though I'd gladly own the box set of SOM, I have a big ol' crush on Andrew Eldritch, can't help myself)

Skinny Puppy - Tin Omen

Smashing Pumpkins - Mayonnaise

Sonic Youth - Bull in the heather (never been a fan...)

Suede - Metal Mickey

Sugarcubes - Lucky Night

Sundays - Here's where the story ends

This Mortal Coil - Mister Somewhere

This Mortal Coil - You and your sister

Tool - Sober (another album I should pick up)

Suzanne Vega - Blood makes Noise

The Wedding Present - Heather

Throwing Muses - fish

No comments:

Post a Comment