Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Friday, April 30, 2010

GaGa Vision and Vajazzler

It's been a surreal couple of days for me. I received a package in the mail upon first waking up. I didn't even have any coffee in my system. How cruel is that? Anyhow, I was mailed by my parent some ancient photos of myself. Suprising and surreal to say the least. I'm glad I have them.
In other news - I have been venturing outside my music bubble to so speak. I've always enjoyed pop music, it is my guilty pleasure. I love pop like - Madonna, Erasure, A-Ha, Cher, The Sugarcubes, just for a tiny sampling. I love pop music, that's probably an understatement. Anyhow, I recently discovered Lady Gaga, and yes, I know I'm late to the game on this one. However, I just watched her Bad Romance video and found it quiet amazing. Haven't seen something like that in forever and a half. Unique, to say the least.
Also, just watched MIA's new Born Free video, which has lead me to adding Punishment Park to my Netflix queue. I thought the video was pretty graphic, but I'm not entirely sure where the video was going or if it was going somewhere. I can see the anti-authoritarianism of the video, and it's ideas, but it seems a smidge heavy handed. Also, the song didn't catch me.
I do however love Paper Plane and I like the video for it also, very catchy song, which infamously sampled one of my All Time Favorite Clash songs "Straight to Hell" in it. It however always puts me in the need to hear Straight to Hell.
So, musically this is where I've been the last couple of days.
Oh, so I was online looking up something when I realized one of the top things people were searching for online was vajazzler.
My first thought obviously was WTH? really? We've come to this point? It's not bad enough women are shaving, plucking, waxing, everything on themselves, but now WE need to be bedazzled? really?
Can someone explain why little tiny crystals glued to your mons is a good thing? How much more can you accessorize your body? At some point don't you yourself just become one giant accessory? I know, it's not different than adding little tiny crystals to face or a tramp stamp to your lower back, but it just seems excessive to me.
So on the subject of the body....I'm hoping to go to the Seattle Erotic Art Festival. I went a number of years ago and enjoyed it immensely. I'm looking forward to going this year, it's put on by the Foundation for Sex Positive Culture here in Seattle. They seem like a nice non-profit Org. My kind of Non Profit Org.
I like that they provide people places to learn and read. I always support that, especially when it comes to important things like sex.
Also, today I'm looking forward to writing my review of Wristcutters, The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus and Porco Rosso. Whoo hoo.. Busy busy. But, I like blogging.
Ok...onward and upward (with Lady Gaga singing Telephone in my brain)

No comments:

Post a Comment