Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 22: A song that you listen to when you’re sad

If you know me at all, you know I have an entire library of "depressing" music. I don't consider most of it that depressing though. Not really. I'm in it for the melody and lyrics.
I used to listen to Tori Amos and The Cure and Nine Inch Nails when I was upset or depressed. Not so much anymore. I've changed and my temperament for NIN and Tori has changed.
I really try not to be sad, and so I no longer push my own buttons and encourage my depression by listening to depressing music when I'm depressed. When I'm sad I don't sit and listen to depressing music, that just encourages my depression monster. Instead I try and do things. I paint, I bake, I write, I edit, I work out now when I'm depressed, (or at least, I'm trying). Sitting in bed and crying for hours on end or sleeping for hours and hours is no longer acceptable.Or at least, I'm working on it. I'm tired of fighting my depression, it feels sometimes like I've been at this battle forever. I'm tired of it.
Now, when I'm sad I do things, lately I've been listening to podcasts.
Here's one I discovered and enjoyed:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/stuff-you-missed-in-history/id283605519

No comments:

Post a Comment