Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

because I missed a day, here's an extra long post.

I missed yesterday's post. I'm trying to keep a routine and still working on it.
Yesterday was busy. I went to Winco and bought groceries. Happily found the Keurig cups there also. I love the little things. When I got home I made a favorite salad of mine, basically veggies, chicken,tri-colored rotini, and Italian dressing. Let it chill and it's perfect for a summer afternoon. This time I added zucchini, garlic, chicken baked with fresh chives, rosemary, and oregano from the garden, bell peppers, carrots, peas, garbanzo beans, and red beans. It turned out okay, although I made a ton. I just can't seem to cook for a few people, I always end up cooking for oodles.
Aside from grocery shopping and making the salad, yesterday was fairly quiet.
I did get a call from a cousin, so that was really nice. I hadn't talked with her in some time, so it was really nice to catch up.
That's also part of my new routine, trying to stay in better touch with people. It will help me feel connected. I need that right now.
I do still fight with the depression daily, however having a routine helps. I'm hoping soon to find a therapist, so I can get that into my routine and start taking the next step to getting back to functionality. I really am trying, it is taking longer than I thought, and really, I thought I'd kicked depression's ass a few years back. This is all a rather unpleasant surprise. I'm trying to be easy on myself and remind myself Rome wasn't built in a day and getting better will take as long as it takes. In the meantime, I'm doing all I can. I bought things to paint the other day, and so I've been creative and painting. It makes me very calm. When I'm painting I don't think about all the things that usually nag at me. I find a good spot. I also finished another project the other day ( I had a budget of 20$ for both projects and I was .37 over). The other project was this:

It's a shadowbox with my wedding bouquets in it, and the ribbon that held my bouquet together also. 
It's kinda romantic, didn't turn out quite as nice as I was hoping but it's presentable and will look cool in a darkened hallway. 
When I'm done with the other projects I'll share photos. 

I have been taking photos of Connie's garden, which I adore. Here are some of the better photos:

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment