Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Overkill ~ I love Colin Hay's acoustic version, and I do like Lazlo Bane's version. (1983)


I love this song to bits. I first heard this when I was living in Tucson (near Ina and Thornydale) when I was a kid. I first heard Men at Work at my friend Amy's house. She lived in the cul-de-sac across the street from me. I first heard the album Cargo and I loved Dr. Heckell and Mr. Jive, then Overkill, It's a mistake, No Sign of Yesterday. I still love the song. I'm an insomniac, I spend a lot of time trying to sleep out of nervousness and PTSD so, I understand the frustration of not sleeping.

When Lazlo Bane released their version I was living in Phoenix. I loved it. I love the fact that Colin Hay sings in it.

When Colin Hay appeared in Scrubs I almost died watching it. Laughed so hard my sides split.
I have to admit, more than anything this song reminds me of being 7 in Tucson running around with my friends in the sun and dirt. It reminds me of Stacie and Claudine and Kristy.

Here's another favorite of mine I like to listen to on happy Sunday mornings with a cup of tea and cat in my lap ~ Beautiful World.

No comments:

Post a Comment